B. Dunne Jr.
Memorial Scholarship Fund
Photography Contest Rules
All photos must be entrant’s own work and
should be accompanied by an
entry card. Winning
photos will be published in the North-East and South County
Independent newspapers. Questions can be sent to
Prizes will be awarded in all divisions.
- The contest is open to amateur
photographers (those who earn less than 50% of their income from
photography) of all ages.
- Contest is separated into three
▪ Adult Division (non-students age 18
▪ Student Division I (grades K-6)
▪ Student Division II (grades 7-12)
▪ Themed Category (“Nautical”).
- Entrants may only submit their own
- Photos may be color, black & white, or
digital stills. Please do not send photo reproductions. No digital
alterations are allowed.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of
judges selected by the scholarship committee. Judges will select a
first, second, and third-place winner in each age division. A grand
prize winner will be selected in the Themed Category.
- Winning photographs will be published
in the South County and North-East Independent newspapers.
- Online entries accepted at
www.RBDscholarship.org with payments
through check, money order or PayPal. Digital copies should be 300 dpi
and at least 4 x 6 inches.
Provide a digital copy of photos via
- Those entering by mail should
submit a 5x7 hard copy of their photo along with an entry card and fee
no later than April 22, 2016. Do not write directly on
the front or back of any photo. A separate entry card should be affixed
to each photograph and should include the following information:
print your photo
▪ Title of photo
▪ Location of photo
▪ Photographer’s info: name,
age/grade, address, and phone number
(Adult; Student I or II; or Themed Category)
▪ Total number of photos submitted
(Example: photo 1 of x)
▪ Name of PayPal account holder (if
different than photographer's name)
Entries can be mailed to Richard B. Dunne Jr. Memorial Scholarship, 3
Stone Gate Drive, North Kingstown, RI 02852.
- Those entering electronically
should include the above information in the message section of each
- Entry Fees:
▪ Adult division
$10 fee for first entry and $5 for
each additional photo.
Student divisions -
$10 flat fee with a limit of
5 photos per entrant.
Themed Category -
$5 per photo for all ages.
- Checks or money orders should be made
payable to Richard B. Dunne Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- Photos become the property of the
scholarship committee. Entrants should keep digital copies, extra prints
and/or negatives of their photographs.
- The Richard B. Dunne Jr. Memorial
Scholarship provides scholarships to students graduating from North
Kingstown High School who are continuing their education at four-year,
two-year and vocational/technical institutions. The intention of this
contest is to raise funds for future scholarships.
Photographers retain their own copyrights.
However, in submitting a photograph to the contest, the photographer gives
the scholarship committee permission to print his or her name and the photo
in the North-East and South County Independent newspapers as well as online.
Photographers also agree that those photos entered in the contest may be
used in advertising to promote the scholarship.